TRAVEL MONEY HOME DELIVERY SERVICE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The travel money home delivery service is provided by Moneycorp to UK residents only. Your currency can either be delivered to your home address by secure Royal Mail Special Delivery™.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Home Delivery service.
The Services, as defined below, are provided in accordance with these terms and conditions, which establish our obligations to you, your obligations to us and also explain how the Services work.
Definitions and interpretations
In these terms and conditions:
- 'Business Day' means Monday to Friday excluding UK bank and public holidays.
- 'Home Delivery' means the delivery of orders to purchase currency placed online or by telephone to your residential address.
- 'Payment Card' means a UK-issued debit or credit card (American Express®, MasterCard® or Visa®).
- 'Personal Data' is the information that we collect when we provide you with the Services including information collected via any application form,
correspondence, emails, telephone calls, the Internet and credit or debit card transactions.
- 'Services' means the Home Delivery service, as more particularly detailed in these terms and conditions.
- 'We', 'us', 'our' or 'Moneycorp' means TTT Moneycorp Limited.
- 'Website' means http://travelmoney.moneycorp.com
- 'You', 'your' means the user of the Services.
OUR SERVICE TO YOU
- The Services may be accessed by you online via our Website or over the telephone on 03300 10 10 80.
- You must have an email address at which we may contact you for you to be able to use the Services.
- The maximum order value in sterling for currency is £2,500 and the minimum order value is £250. It is only possible to place one order every 14 days, up to a
total of £9,000 a year. We may alter these limits at any time at our discretion, but any such change will not affect orders we have already accepted.
- Moneycorp only stocks certain denominations of the available currencies and your order will be processed in accordance with the denominations available. We
may round your order up or down to the nearest available denomination of bank note and this will be reflected in the cost of your order.
- You agree that, if we suspect at any time that the Services are being used for fraudulent purposes by any person or to continue with your order may put us in
breach of any law, we may cancel your order and/or intercept delivery at any time.
It is your sole responsibility to check the currency import and export requirements of the UK and any country you may be visiting.
- Fees and charges which apply to your order will be displayed on the ordering screen during the online ordering process (except for any charges levied by your
card issuer) or will be detailed to you whilst placing your telephone order. We may alter our charges at any time at our discretion, but any such
change will not affect orders we have already accepted.
- There is no charge for the purchase of currency with a debit card. A fee of 1.95% will be applied to the total purchase amount if payment is made with a credit
card (MasterCard and Visa). Please note your card issuer may charge for the purchase of currency.
You may not make changes to your orders once they are accepted unless expressly agreed by us. If we agree to change your order, at our sole discretion, we may
charge an administration fee of up to £10.
- A delivery charge may be applied to your order and, if applicable, will be detailed on the online ordering screen or whilst placing your telephone order.
PAYMENT USING A PAYMENT CARD
- Payment must be made in sterling using a Payment Card.
- Payment must be made online or over the telephone, depending on which of those methods you choose to make your order.
- The billing address of the Payment Card must match your residential address.
- We will not accept payment using Payment Cards issued to anyone other than a natural person, for example a business or corporation.
- The entry on your Payment Card statement will appear as: Moneycorp Currency
- If there is any discrepancy on your Payment Card statement, please contact your Payment Card issuer immediately.
- Upon placing your order, we will send a pre-authorisation request to your Payment Card issuer. If your Payment Card issuer authorises the
payment, your Payment Card details will be sent for fraud and anti-money laundering checks. Once these are passed successfully, we will send
your Payment Card issuer a fulfilment instruction and we will send you a confirmation email.
- If, for some reason, your order cannot be completed, you will be notified by email and the Payment Card will not be charged. However, your
Payment Card issuer may still hold the funds and we would recommend that you contact them directly if you have any queries on their processes.
- If you retry the payment with the same Payment Card, your Payment Card issuer may hold the same amount again, thereby reducing your credit limit. If you
think your card payment has been declined in error, please contact your Payment Card issuer to check all your details are correct before contacting us – they
will be able to provide you with more information than we will.
- Once you have placed your order, it will automatically go through fraud and anti-money laundering checks. You will receive an email confirming or rejecting it
within four hours. (Please note that this could vary for orders placed overnight or at weekends.) We are unable to disclose the reason for a failure and you will
need to contact your Payment Card issuer directly for more information.
- Some Payment Card issuers set a maximum value for a cash transaction, irrespective of your card limit. Please check with your Payment Card
issuer if you have problems using your Payment Card with our Services.
- American Express may require you to register with them before being able to purchase currency. It is recommended you contact American Express
direct if you have any questions.
CONFIRMATION OF YOUR ORDER
- Once you have placed your order, we will send you an acknowledgement email to confirm receipt.
- We will send you a confirmation email once your order has been accepted.
- We will send a further notification that your currency has been sent to your residential address or is available for collection from one of our bureaux de change.
- We may decline to accept your order for any reason without liability to you.
DELIVERY OF YOUR HOME DELIVERY ORDER
- The delivery timings for orders are as stated on the 'FAQs' page which is available on our Website and can be viewed here:
- Occasionally Royal Mail may attempt to deliver on a Saturday, even if you have not selected the Guaranteed Saturday Delivery service. This means that for
orders requested for delivery on a Monday, we cannot guarantee that the order will not be delivered on a Saturday. This is at the discretion of the
Royal Mail and is beyond our control.
- We may alter these timings at any time at our discretion, but any such change will not affect orders we have already accepted.
- All orders for foreign currency are sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery™ and are subject to Royal Mail's Special Delivery™ terms and conditions (a
copy of which is available from Royal Mail upon request). We may use another carrier at our sole discretion from time to time.
- We will only deliver to your Payment Card billing address (normally your home address.
- We may not be able to guarantee deliveries to certain areas within the United Kingdom.
- A signature will be required on delivery.
- You must not sign for any order delivered to you which has in any way had its packaging ruptured or tampered with. Should you sign for a package which has
been ruptured or tampered with, we will not accept any responsibility for any financial loss.
- If you fail to accept delivery for any reason and wish the order to be resent, you will have to pay additional delivery charges as per the current fees
advertised by us. These charges also apply to orders that are £500 or over and would have qualified initially for free home delivery.
- If you do not receive your order because of a fault on our part, we will send you a replacement at no additional cost once we have received confirmation from
Royal Mail that your order cannot be delivered. We will reimburse you up to the cost of return by Royal Mail Special Delivery™ of any order. We will not
otherwise be liable for any losses or expenses arising from late or unfulfilled delivery.
In the event that you report a shortage in your order to us, we may review our CCTV footage of the order being packaged. You agree that CCTV footage
showing the correct amount of currency being packed into you order shall be conclusive evidence that your order is correct and we shall have
no liability to you for any purported shortage.
If, due to an error by us, the value of the foreign currency delivered to you is greater than that ordered you agree to return the excess to us by Royal Mail
Special Delivery™ within 14 days. We will reimburse you up to the cost of return by Royal Mail Special Delivery™.
You must notify us if there are any issues with your order within 48 hours after receipt. If you do not notify us within this timeframe we shall have no liability for
any losses or expenses arising from an incorrect order.
If we provide a replacement order and the original order is received by you and not returned to us by Royal Mail Special Delivery™ within 14 days, we reserve
the right to charge you for the replacement order.
If you fail to accept delivery of or fail to collect your order from Royal Mail we will provide you with a refund to the Payment Card which you used to pay for your
order less any Payment Card handling fee and delivery charges. A £10 administration fee will also apply. A refund will only be given once the order has been
returned to us by the Royal Mail.
If you fail to accept delivery for any reason and wish the order to be resent, you will have to pay additional delivery charges as per the current fees advertised
by us. These charges also apply to orders that are £500 or over and would have qualified initially for free home delivery.
COLLECTION OF YOUR BUREAU COLLECTION ORDER
- You will need to collect your order from the same bureau you specified when placing your order, details of which will appear on your order confirmation.
- You will need to present your order confirmation, government approved photographic personal identification (passport or photo driving licence) and the Payment
Card you used when placing the order. The name on the Payment Card must match the name on the personal identification document. We will not be able to
release your order unless you present the appropriate personal identification and Payment Card.
- Your order will be held at the relevant bureau for a limited amount of time only and we do not guarantee that we can hold the order beyond the date you specify
for collection. Please contact us if you think you will be unable to collect your order on the agreed date. Failure to collect your order on the agreed date may
result in the order being cancelled. We will refund your Payment Card, minus an administration fee of £10.
COMMISSION-FREE BUY BACK
- We will buy back your currency commission free and pay sterling in cash at any Moneycorp, The Money Corporation or TTT Foreign Exchange Corporation bureau.
Please note that some bureaux may have restrictions in place and may not be able to buy back all currencies. Please visit our Website or contact us to
obtain the contact details of your nearest bureau. Currency is purchased at the buy rate as displayed on the bureau rate board at the time of the commission-free buy back request. This rate is different to the rate applied when you purchased your currency online.
- We will not buy back currency without the original receipt (in the form of an order-related email or invoice supplied with your order). We will not
buy back currency returned to our bureau network via post.
INFORMATION WE PROVIDE TO YOU
We may provide you with information on the telephone or via our Website or elsewhere in relation to foreign exchange rates, currency restrictions or
travel news amongst other things.
- We endeavour to ensure that any information we provide to you on our Website or otherwise is correct at the time we publish it.
- Information is always subject to change and we advise you to independently verify any information we publish.
- We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the information we provide to you via our Website or otherwise.
- The accuracy of information may change between you placing your order and you travelling abroad.
- You agree that we may contact you, using the contact details provided by you to us for the purpose of providing the Services to you.
- We may, on occasion, contact you by telephone in connection with your order or the Services, in which case, in order to verify who we are speaking to, we
may ask for your name and address and other information to verify your identity. We will not contact you to confirm payment details and will never ask you to
provide us with Payment Card details over the telephone.
- You agree to provide us with up-to-date contact details or changes in your circumstances which may affect any order you place with us.
- Please note, if we are unable to contact you this may result in your order not being completed.
- If you need to contact us about your order, please email email@example.com or call Customer Services on 03300 10 10 80.
- We may record and monitor telephone conversations between you and us, which may be used to verify orders or details relating to your orders as well as to ensure the
quality of our service to you. Whilst we may retain records of these telephone conversations, we do so at our discretion and we do not guarantee that we will be able
to make these available.
- We may ask questions to confirm your identity.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Virgin Atlantic is the data controller (as defined in the in the Data Protection Act 1998)
- You consent to us processing your Personal Data on behalf of Virgin Atlantic in order to provide you with the Services
- We will process your Personal Data fairly as is our obligation under the law
- We may use your Personal Data to assess our risk in providing the Services to you and to enable us to enforce our rights under these terms and conditions if necessary
- To process your Personal Data as described, we may need to pass it to third parties. We may conduct searches through an identity-referencing agency which
may use scoring methods to verify your identity. Records of such searches may be kept and may be used by other companies to verify your identity.
- We will take reasonable care to keep your Personal Data secure as required by law
- Your Personal Data may be passed to financial, governmental and other organisations to prevent fraud and to meet our anti-money laundering obligations
- You may contact us or Virgin Atlantic at any time to change your preferences as to how we handle your Personal Data
- You may refer to the full client privacy statement of Virgin Atlantic, which is available on the Website or upon request
- Moneycorp and Virgin Atlantic will not use your Personal Data in any other way unless we are required or permitted to do so by law
- We may transfer your Personal Data to any business or persons to whom we transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions
- If you have been referred to us by a third party, we may provide them with your Personal Data, including information relating to your transactions in which they
are interested, by virtue of our agreement with them.
- You may request that we supply you with any Personal Data relating to you which we hold, by writing to: The Data Protection Officer, Moneycorp, 2 Sloane
Street, London, SW1X 9LA. Where necessary we will correct any errors in your Personal Data that we hold.
This is important and you should read this paragraph carefully.
- We will not be liable to you for:
| || |
– our failure to perform any of our obligations because of something beyond our reasonable control.
| || |
– the failure of your order to be delivered to you on time.
| || |
– your failure to provide us with correct information in connection with your order and to keep that information up to date.
| || |
– your failure to comply with any of our security procedures.
| || |
– your failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions.
- Our maximum liability to you in respect of each order you make using the Services shall be limited to a sum equal to the total value of your order and any
charges we make for each order in respect of which you are making a claim.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit our liability to you for death or personal injury due to our negligence or for our fraud. Your statutory rights
- We maintain the right to offset any liability we owe to you against any liability you owe to us, whether that liability arises in connection with the Services or any
other service we provide to you.
As soon as you place your Home Delivery or Bureau Collection order, it will be processed and we will obtain payment authorisation from your Payment Card issuer. This means that once your order is made you cannot cancel it, unless expressly agreed by us. If we do agree to cancel your order, we may charge an administration fee.
Transferring Our Rights
We may at any time assign our rights and the benefit of your obligations under these terms and conditions. We may subcontract or delegate our obligations under these terms and conditions at our discretion to any third party or agent, in which case we will be responsible for their performance of their obligations. Your legal rights will not be affected.
A person who is not party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these terms and conditions; but this does not affect any right or remedy of that person which may exist or is available apart from that Act.
These terms and conditions form the entire agreement and understanding between you and us with respect to the provision of the Services, although we do not exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
We may amend these terms and conditions at any time. You should refer to the current terms and conditions each time before you make an order.
Any failure or delay by either party in enforcing its rights under these terms and conditions shall not be a waiver of those rights or disallow their exercise at any subsequent time.
All orders placed under these terms and conditions must be made in English.
These terms and conditions shall be read and interpreted in accordance with English law. Any dispute arising from the provision or use of the Services shall be resolved exclusively in the English Courts.
Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Customer Services on 03300 10 10 80 in the first instance, in relation to any issue with your order.
We will try to resolve any problems as quickly as possible and in accordance with our complaints policy, which is available on request.
Whilst TTT Moneycorp Limited as a business is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for the conduct of designated investment business and for the provision of payment services, the Services referred to in these terms and conditions are not generally considered as regulated and will, therefore, not fall within the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service.